- Download 2
- File Size 87.35 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date August 26, 2020
- Last Updated August 26, 2020
Notice to All Landlords
NOTICE TO ALL LANDLORDS, TENANTS OF RENTAL HOUSING,
LENDING AGENCIES, REAL ESTATE BROKERS AND APPRAISERS
It is illegal to discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin.
- In the sale or rental of housing or residential lots
- In advertising the sale or rental of housing
- In the financing of housing
- In the provision of real estate brokerage services
- In the appraisal of housing
- Blockbusting is also illegal (Federal Fair Housing Act of 1968).
Blockbusting is the practice of persuading homeowners in a particular neighborhood to sell their homes quickly, often at a loss, by creating the fear that actual or prospective purchases by members of a minority group will bring a loss of value to their homes.
Anyone who feels that he, or she, has been discriminated against may file a complaint of housing discrimination by calling:
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Assistant Secretary for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity, Washington, D.C. 20410
1-800-669-9777 (Toll Free) or 1-800-927-9275 (TTY)
Warren County, 204 Fourth Avenue, Warren, PA 16365, Lorri Dunlap, Fair Housing Coordinator