- Download 54
- File Size 164.30 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date September 16, 2016
- Last Updated September 16, 2016
3073 Fair Housing Resolution
FAIR HOUSING RESOLUTION
LET IT BE KNOWN TO ALL PERSONS of the County of Warren that discrimination in the sale, rental, leasing, financing of housing or land to be used for construction of housing, or in the provision of brokerage services because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, familial status (families with children), or handicap (disability) is prohibited by Title VIII of the Civil Rights Act of 1968 (Federal Fair Housing Act) and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act adds the additional protected classes of age and ancestry. It is the policy of the County of Warren to implement programs to ensure equal opportunity in housing for all persons regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, familial status, handicap (disability), age and ancestry. Therefore, the County of Warren does hereby pass the following resolution.
BE IT RESOLVED, that within available resources the County of Warren will assist all persons who feel they have been discriminated against because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, familial status, handicap (disability), age and ancestry to seek equity under federal and state laws by filing a complaint with the local Fair Housing Officer, Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, whichever is chosen by the person filing the complaint.
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the County of Warren shall make publically known this Resolution and through this publicity shall cause owners of real estate, developers, and builders to become aware of their respective responsibilities and rights under the Federal Fair Housing Act, the Pennsylvania Human Relations Act, and any local laws or ordinances.
FURTHER ACTION will at a minimum include, but not to be limited to:
(1) Publicizing the name and contact information of the local Fair Housing Officer, which will include the process to file a complaint if a person feels they have been discriminated against in housing in any manner and other applicable fair housing information through local media and community contracts; and
(2) Conduct at least one fair housing activity annually to better inform the public of their rights under the Fair Housing Law and Pennsylvania Human Relations Act; and
(3) Use the fair housing logo on all materials dealing with housing programs such as but not limited to:
- Public advertisements for vacancy or discussing the program
- Applications for assistance
- Municipal letters dealing with the federal programs
If you’re a person with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to be able to access any notification, please contact the business offices of the County of Warren, 204 Fourth Avenue, Warren, PA 16365, 814-728-3516.
If you’re Limited English Proficient and require a document translation of any notification, please contact the business offices of County of Warren, 204 Fourth Avenue, Warren, PA 16365, or call 814-728-3516.
Approved at the regularly scheduled meeting of the County of Warren held August 24, 2016.
COMMISSIONERS OF WARREN COUNTY
Attest: Vice Chair
Pamela J. Matve Jeff Eggleston
Chief Clerk Secretary