- Download 0
- File Size 210.11 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date February 11, 2021
- Last Updated February 11, 2021
3174 Human Services funding policy
POLICY REGARDING DISTRIBUTION OF EMERGENCY FUNDS
The Warren County Commissioners, in conjunction with Forest Warren Human Services, is working to provide relief for individuals and families in the community for emergency rental and utility assistance specifically related to loss of income due to COVID-19. The following eligibility and criteria must be met in order to receive funding.
- Letter from the Pennsylvania Department of Labor and Industry Office of Unemployment Compensation Benefits Policy stating loss of income is specifically related to COVID-19.
- Two paystubs showing pre-circumstance income
- Proof of residency
- Completed Lessee Application
- Completed Landlord Application
- Completed Landlord Property Certification
- Proof of Landlord property ownership
- Copy of the lease
- Lessee income must be at or below 100% of the area median income, adjusted household size
The maximum amount of rental assistance available will be equal to one month’s rent, up to $750. If rent is above $750, the landlord must agree to accept the $750 as full payment for that month, and agrees to forgive all rent amounts not covered for the month for which funds are being provided. Payment must be made to the landlord/property owner only. Only one month of assistance may be granted at this time.
The maximum amount of utility assistance available will be up to $750. All available utility assistance programming will be explored prior to the distribution of funds. Funds may be utilized for utility costs or utility arrears. Only one month of assistance may be granted at this time.
Applicants may be granted either rental assistance or utility assistance.
ADOPTED, this 27th day of January, 2021.
COMMISSIONERS OF WARREN COUNTY
Tricia D. Durbin
Attest: Vice Chair
Pamela J. Matve Jeff Eggleston
Chief Clerk Commissioner