- Download 21
- File Size 1.15 MB
- File Count 1
- Create Date April 24, 2019
- Last Updated April 24, 2019
3136 Authorizing the Complete Count Census Committee
A RESOLUTION CREATING A CENSUS 2020 COMPLETE COUNT COMMITTEE TO PLAN AND CONDUCT LOCAL EDUCATIONAL INITIATIVES, PUBLICITY AND PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES TO INCREASE COMMUNITY AWARENESS AND PARTICIPATION IN THE 2020 CENSUS
WHEREAS, the United States of America has performed a nationwide census every ten years since 1790, with the last census being in 2010; and
WHEREAS, an accurate census is essential for the allocation of representatives to serve in the legislative bodies of the U.S. House of Representatives, and within the Warren County voting districts; and
WHEREAS, accurate census information is critical to planning for future growth, development, and the social needs of Warren County; and
WHEREAS, the more informed that residents become about the 2020 census operations, the better their understanding of the census process becomes, thus increasing their willingness to the 2020 Census; and
WHEREAS, the Census Bureau is not permitted to publicly release responses furnished by any individual, or on behalf of an individual, or release information to other governmental agencies, including the Internal Revenue Service, the Immigration and Naturalization Service, law enforcement agencies or welfare agencies. In addition, per the Federal Cybersecurity Enhancement Act of 2015, census data is protected from cybersecurity risks through screening of the systems that transmit this data; and
WHEREAS, the purpose of the Complete Count Committee will be to advise and assist Warren County in obtaining the most accurate and complete population count for Census 2020 by increasing the number of County responses through a focused, structured neighbor-to-neighbor program. The committee will also utilize the local knowledge, expertise and influence of each committee member to design and implement a census awareness campaign targeted to the Warren County community.
THEREFORE, BE IT HEREBY RESOLVED by the Board of Commissioners of Warren County, that:
- A Census 2020 Complete Count Committee is hereby established to advise and assist Warren County in obtaining the most accurate and complete population count for Census 2020.
- The Committee shall discuss and formulate strategies and techniques, working with County staff and census bureau officials, to enhance and increase the response rate to Census 2020. The Committee shall be responsible for planning and conducting local educational initiatives, and for preparing of obtaining posters, flyers and handouts for use by the media and others. The Committee will also prepare materials for public service announcements on radio and social media.
- The Committee shall consist of representatives from within Warren County.
- The Committee members shall serve from April 2019 through and including June 2020 at which time the Committee, having completed its work, shall dissolve, unless extended by the Board of County Commissioners. No resolution dissolving or rescinding the committee is necessary.
APPROVED this 10th day of April 2019.
COMMISSIONERS OF WARREN COUNTY
Attest: Vice Chair
Pamela J. Matve Jeff Eggleston
Chief Clerk Secretary