- Download 10
- File Size 812.52 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date November 9, 2017
- Last Updated November 9, 2017
3090 Emergency Services Grant 2017
Resolution of the Warren County Commissioners authorizing the filing of a proposal for funds with the Department of Community and Economic Development, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
WHEREAS, the Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing Act of 2009 (HEARTH) enacted into law on May 20, 2009, authorized the Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program; and
WHEREAS, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania through the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED) has received ESG program funds and is making these funds available to units of local governments for eligible homeless services; and
WHEREAS, Warren County desires to submit an application to DCED for ESG Program funds to provide homeless services or on behalf of other entities to provide homeless services.
NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED AND IT IS HEREBY RESOLVED by the Warren County Commissioners that:
- The proposed project(s) WARREN COUNTY HOUSING AND HOMELESS PREVENTION PROGRAM_ to be funded by a grant from the Pennsylvania ESG Program meet the ESG interim rule requirements at §24 CFR 576 are eligible and approved.
- The Warren County Commissioners on behalf of Warren County are authorized and directed to execute an ESG Program application in the amount of $136,660 to the PA Department of Community and Economic Development.
- The Warren/Forest Counties Equal Opportunity Council o/b/o Warren County, will assume the responsibility for securing the required matching amount of project funds or request a waiver of match funds to DCED.
- Warren County will reimburse the Commonwealth for any expenditure found to be ineligible.
- Warren County is authorized to provide such assurances, certificates, and supplemental data or revised data that DCED may request in connection with the application.
APPROVED this 25th day of October 2017.
COMMISSIONERS OF WARREN COUNTY
Attest: Vice Chair
Pamela J. Matve Jeff Eggleston
Chief Clerk Secretary